Looking for some outdoor play toys for daycare, or home? Do you often wonder what new shiny toys you can buy for the children at home or childcare?
There is no need to spend big dollars on plastic fantastic or even purpose made children’s toys that get used a few times and then forgotten about. Why not pull out those left over pavers you have hiding down the side of the shed and let the children explore with them along side the leaves and trees.
The children at Ballajura childcare Centre had some great fun with some old pavers and here is what will they learn from this……..
- mathematics skills – counting, shape recognition, weight, pattern, problem solving
- social skills – working as a team
- language skills – communicating ideas
- science skills – material matter
- creative skills – texture…………………. and many, many more
Next time you are looking at what you can get for the children to play with, look no further than your garden.
Happy recycling and learning.