Our Crazy Hair Fun Day for World’s greatest shave.
At Humpty Dumpty Childcare Centre, on March 15th we held a Crazy Hair Fun Day to raise money for the leukaemia foundation. We asked parents and staff to donate whatever they could to the leukaemia foundation and managed to raise $576. We were so proud and thankful to all who donated.
We organised a day of fun for the children and staff, this involved
- making cards for all the children at Princess Margaret Hospital.
- playing on bouncy castles,
- doing our hair in crazy ways,
- having our faces painted by a professional face painter,
- we designed our own menu ( waffles for morning tea, dinosaur bolognaise for lunch and for afternoon tea orange cake)
Here are some photos from the day, we really did have a ball…
Did you know?
- Blood cancer is Australia’s biggest cancer killer, after lung cancer
- More than 11,500 Australians will develop leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma this year – or a person every 46 minutes
- Right now, more than 50,000 Australian families are facing the physical, emotional, and financial challenges of blood cancer
- Money raised from the World’s Greatest Shave funds blood cancer research and free support through the Leukaemia Foundation
- The Leukaemia Foundation is the only national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the care and cure of people with leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and related blood disorders.
That’s why so many people are as passionate as us about this campaign… and why your support is so vital.